Khulasande Capital is a black-owned
and controlled private equity and
Khulasande Capital is a black-owned and controlled private equity and investment vehicle. Khulasande is dedicated to the growth of our country through Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE).
As a credible commercial BEE partner our aim is to grow South African enterprises while contributing to the broad-based South African society and economy through social initiatives. Khulasande is deemed to be 100% black-owned, with 51% of voting rights and economic interests vested in the hands of black South Africans.
Khulasande was created as a partnership between Investec Equity Partners (IEP) and the Entrepreneurship Development (ED) Trust.
The ED Trust is a charitable trust with black beneficiaries focusing on South African economic development through educational and entrepreneurial activities.
As a BBBEE vehicle with access to our own funds and the backing of one of the most prominent investment teams in the country, Khulasande offers your enterprise a competitive advantage.
- BEE Ownership score: 22 points out of a required score of 20 points (2 extra points scored)*
- The broad-based beneficiaries of the ED Trust ensure that BEE benefits the right people
- BEE investor with its own cash
- No exit pressures
*This score was based on the 2007 BEE Codes of Good Practice
Download BEE credentials
Commercial BEE Partner
- Assisting management with corporate governance and corporatisation
- Assisting management strategically, where possible, to build a sustainable business
- Leveraging off skills from various experienced individuals/divisions within IEP
- Leveraging off relationships that various individuals have within IEP